This exciting, cost free dinner event brings together 25 high school STEM teachers with leading scientists and/or engineers from industry, academia, or government. Teachers have the opportunity to learn about cutting edge research and innovation, find out how to connect the research to the high school classroom, and discover ways to inspire and guide their students toward academic opportunities and STEM careers. Attendees ask questions, network with peers, and interface with the scientist and/or engineer during the informal dinner. Presentation material and videos, as well as supplementary resources related to Bite of Science session topics, are posted on the TEP Lab Bench following all sessions.
Spring 2015 Bite of Science Sessions
Online Registration will be available in December
All sessions are conducted from 5:00-8:00pm
January 27 - Los Angeles
January 28 - Los Angeles
January 29 - San Diego
@ UC San Diego
February 23 -Dallas
February 25 - Houston
@ UT Health Center
February 26 - San Antonio
@ Holmes High School
March 10 - Melbourne
March 11 - Fort Myers
March 12 - Orlando
DeVry University Millenia Campus
February 12 - Manassas
@ GMU PW Campus
March 26 - Roanoke
To receive more information about the sessions, to participate as a speaker, or to sponsor a session, please contact:
Natasha Schuh-Nuhfer, Ph.D.
Director, Teacher Enrichment Program
Email or (703) 448-9062 ext. 222
Past Bite of Science Session Cities and Participants
Visit the TEP Lab Bench for information on the session speakers and to watch their presentations!
- Los Angeles: Featured a Genetics Researcher from Cedars-Sinai Medical Center and a Physicist from SpaceX
- Los Angeles: Featured an Aquaculture Biologist from OriginOil and a Neuroscientist from UCLA
- San Diego: Featured a Cardiologist from UCSD and a Physicist from General Atomics
- Los Angeles: Featured a Bio-Manufacturing Scientist from Baxter Bioscience and a Consultant to NASA JPL.
- Los Angeles: Featured a Huntington's Disease Researcher from UCLA and a Calibration Engineer from Baxter Bioscience.
- San Diego: Featured a Hydrologist from SPAWAR Systems Center Pacific and a Materials Physicist from General Atomics.
- Orlando: Featured an Aerospace Engineer from the NAWCTSD and an Oncologist from UF Health Cancer Center – Orlando
- Fort Myers: Featured an Astrophysicist from Florida Gulf Coast University and an Environmental Engineer from Conestoga-Rovers and Associates
- Melbourne: Featured an Aerospace Systems Manager from Northrop Grumman and an Engineering Manager from Harris Corporation
- Chicago: Featured a Cosmochemist from The Field Museum and a Research Scientist from Baxter Healthcare Corporation
- Chicago: Featured a Chemist from Wilbur Wright College and an Innovator/Inventor from Motorola Solutions.
- Oak Brook: Featured a Research Scientist from Astellas Pharma and a Research Meteorologist from Argonne National Laboratory
- Crane: Featured a Materials Scientist from NSWC Crane and an Engineer from STIMULUS Engineering
- Indianapolis: Featured an Analytical/Physical Chemist from Ball State University and a Materials Engineer from Rolls-Royce Corporation
- Kokomo: Featured a Molecular Ecologist from IU-Kokomo and an Engineer from Chrysler Group's Kokomo Transmission
- Indianapolis: Featured a Biologist from Ball State University and a Botanist/Plant Ecologist from IN Department of Natural Resources
- Logansport: Featured a Lab Manager from Andersons Clymers Ethanol, an Industrial Engineer from Chrysler's Kokomo Transmission, and a Biologist from Manchester University
- West Lafayette: Featured an Industrial Engineer and Biologist from Purdue University
- Baltimore: Featured an Oncology Research Scientist from MedImmune and a Biologist from Towson University
- College Park: Featured an Engineer from Rockwell Collins and an Anthropologist from University of Maryland
- Clemson: Featured an Environmental Scientist from Clemson University, a Metrologist and 3D Modeler from Duke Energy, and a Design Engineer from Duke Energy
- Sumter: Featured a Biochemist from University of South Carolina and a Process Engineer from Continental Tire
- Houston: Featured a Geologist from Chevron and a Nanomedicine Researcher from Houston Methodist Research Institute
- San Antonio: Featured a Physicist from Trinity University and a Chemist from Southwest Research Institute
- Houston: Featured a Geophysicist from Hess Corporation, Pediatric Otolaryngologist from UT Medical Center, and a Petroleum Engineer from Aramco Services.
- Houston: Featured a Naval Engineer from McDermott International, an Operations Manager from ExxonMobil, and an Engineer from Johnson Space Center.
- San Antonio: Featured a Geologist from the South Texas Geological Society and a Nanotechnology Researcher from Southwest Research Institute.
- Fairfax: Featured a Biologist from George Mason University and an Aerospace Engineer from Aurora Flight Sciences.
- Manassas: Featured a Software Engineer from Lockheed Martin and HIV Researcher from George Mason University
- Norfolk: Featured a Nanomaterials Engineer from Norfolk State University and an Augmented Reality Engineer from Newport News Shipbuilding.
- Richmond: Featured an Ecologist from Virginia Commonwealth University and a Manufacturing Technology Engineer from Dupont USA
- Roanoke: Featured a Brain Researcher from VT Carilion Research Institute and a Research Engineer from Luna Innovations
- Fairfax: Featured an Astrobiologist from George Mason University and a Knowledge Management Principal from The MITRE Corporation
- Hampton: Featured a Geophysicist from National Institute of Aerospace and a Test Engineer from Newport News Shipbuilding
- Richmond: Featured an Immunologist from Virginia Commonwealth University and an Electrical Engineer from Dominion Virginia Power
- Manassas: Featured an Engineer from Micron Technology and a Molecular Biologist from George Mason University
- Norfolk: Featured a Physics Professor from Tidewater Community College, a Scientist from WR Systems, and an Engineer from Lockheed Martin
- Richmond: Featured a Mining Engineer from Evans Energy and an R&D Scientist from MeadWestvaco
News & Announcements
Tue November 18, 2014 (All day)
Tue | November 4, 2014 | 8:00 AM
Mon | November 3, 2014 | 2:46 PM
Tue | October 21, 2014 | 2:55 PM